Wednesday, February 13, 2019

What's Love Got to Do With It?



The sound of Tina Turner's soulful voice has been ringing in my ears asking "What's love got to do with it?" Sparked by the approach of Valentine's Day I began thinking a lot about love. It is the focus of my work and directs my sessions as I help clients maneuver through life. With the song's lyrics echoing in my head I asked myself "What does love have to with it?" The resounding answer time after time was -- "Everything." Love has to do with everything.

If you seek love foster love. Kindle a love-centered life by resolving to express the gift of love. A conscious intention to love begins with self love. Practice observing your thoughts. Do you berate yourself with critical comments?  Are you forever comparing yourself to others only to come up lacking? Decide to move toward a gentler and more loving attitude today.

When we decide to live a love-centered life we will be altered. If this sounds difficult, if you believe you are on merry-go-round and cannot get off, start small and simple. Catch yourself when you are on auto-pilot. Stop and take stock of your surroundings. Breathe and ground yourself in the moment. Put the phone down. Carve out 5 minutes a day to be still. It can be in your car in the parking lot before work. Listen to what your soul is asking for. Most often it is not an insurmountable request. As you make small adjustments to cultivate love and kindness toward yourself the love you give will flourish as well.

Happy Valentine's Day. I send you all love.
Nora

No comments: